Here’s a recipe for Crab & Shrimp Seafood Bisque:
- 1 pound crabmeat (cooked and picked)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic, and stir well to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the seafood stock while whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the crabmeat and shrimp to the pot, and stir gently. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream and dry sherry. Season the bisque with Old Bay seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- Simmer the bisque on low heat for another 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the bisque is heated through and the flavors have developed, remove from heat.
- Serve the Crab & Shrimp Seafood Bisque hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. You can also serve it with crusty bread or oyster crackers on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Crab & Shrimp Seafood Bisque!