Here’s a recipe for Crockpot BBQ Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Pour the BBQ sauce mixture over the chicken breasts in the crockpot, making sure they are fully coated.
- Cover the crockpot with a lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and is tender and easily shreddable.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and shred them using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot and stir it into the sauce, allowing it to absorb the flavors. Let it cook for an additional 15-30 minutes on low heat.
- Serve the Crockpot BBQ Chicken on buns as sandwiches or alongside your favorite sides like coleslaw, baked beans, or cornbread.
- Enjoy your delicious and tender Crockpot BBQ Chicken!
Note: You can adjust the sweetness or spiciness of the BBQ sauce according to your preference by adding more or less brown sugar or spices.