Here’s a recipe for beef and potatoes:
- 1 pound (450g) beef (such as steak or stewing beef), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- If using, add the diced bell pepper to the pan and cook for a few more minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown slightly.
- Return the beef to the pan with the potatoes and vegetables. Stir in the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the beef is cooked through.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Once the beef and potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from heat.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, such as parsley or chives.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious beef and potatoes!
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding other vegetables such as carrots or mushrooms, or by adjusting the seasonings according to your taste preferences.