New York Cheesecake is a classic dessert known for its rich and creamy texture. Here’s a recipe to help you prepare it:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust. Use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to press it firmly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy using an electric mixer. Add the granulated sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until smooth. Gradually add the flour while beating on low speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust in the prepared pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for about 1 hour to cool gradually.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- For the topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Spread the topping evenly over the chilled cheesecake.
- Return the cheesecake to the refrigerator and let it chill for another 1 to 2 hours to allow the topping to set.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Slice the cheesecake into wedges and enjoy!
That’s it! You now have a delicious New York Cheesecake ready to be enjoyed.