Sure! Here’s a recipe for Chocolate Tiramisu:
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 1/2 cups brewed strong coffee or espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- In a shallow dish, pour the cooled coffee or espresso. Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the coffee quickly, making sure it is well coated but not overly soaked. Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with the soaked ladyfingers, arranging them in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift 1/4 cup of cocoa powder evenly over the soaked ladyfingers.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chopped bittersweet chocolate and 1/2 cup of hot water. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir the chocolate until it is completely melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until well combined and slightly thickened. Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the chocolate cream mixture over the layer of soaked ladyfingers in the baking dish. Smooth it out with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Dip the remaining ladyfinger cookies in the coffee and arrange them in another layer on top of the chocolate cream. Sift the remaining 1/4 cup of cocoa powder evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Pour the remaining chocolate cream mixture over the second layer of ladyfingers, spreading it evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the tiramisu to set.
- Before serving, garnish the top of the tiramisu with chocolate shavings. Cut into slices and serve chilled.
Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Tiramisu!