Here’s a simple recipe for Marinated Cucumbers, Onions & Tomatoes:
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 large red onion
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for a spicy kick)
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel the cucumbers and slice them thinly. Thinly slice the red onion. Cut the tomatoes into wedges or chunks. Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Prepare the marinade: In a separate bowl, whisk together the white vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, fresh dill, and red pepper flakes (if using). Make sure the sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
- Marinate the vegetables: Pour the marinade over the cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes in the large bowl. Gently toss the vegetables to ensure they are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Let it rest: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the vegetables to marinate.
- Serve and enjoy: After marinating, give the vegetables a gentle stir. You can serve the marinated cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes as a side dish or as a topping for salads, sandwiches, or grilled meats. Garnish with additional fresh dill if desired.
Note: The marinated cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. The longer they marinate, the more flavorful they become.
Enjoy your Marinated Cucumbers, Onions & Tomatoes!