Sure! Here’s a recipe for Tangy Lemon Blueberry Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer for this.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to crush them.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by combining the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Once the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack.
- While the cake is still warm, poke several holes in the top with a toothpick or skewer. Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cake, allowing it to soak into the holes.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving. You can garnish it with additional blueberries and lemon zest if desired.
Enjoy your Tangy Lemon Blueberry Cake!