Here’s a recipe for Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the potatoes into even-sized fries. You can leave the skin on or peel them, depending on your preference. Try to make the fries about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and minced garlic. Add the potato fries to the bowl and toss them well, ensuring that each fry is coated with the garlic and oil mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese mixture over the potato fries and toss them again to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Avoid overcrowding, as this can prevent them from becoming crispy.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the fries are golden brown and crispy. Remember to flip the fries halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning.
- Once the fries are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top for added freshness and garnish.
- Serve the Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries immediately as a delicious side dish or a snack. They go well with dipping sauces like ketchup, aioli, or ranch dressing.
Enjoy your homemade Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries!