To prepare a recipe for chicken that melts in your mouth, you can follow the steps below:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the all-purpose flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. This step is to sear the chicken and lock in the juices.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and transfer them to a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve the chicken melt in your mouth with your favorite side dishes like mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your delicious and tender chicken melt in your mouth!