Here’s a recipe for stuffing balls:
- 4 cups of bread cubes (use day-old bread or toast fresh bread and cut into cubes)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, chopped onion, celery, minced garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken or vegetable broth, beaten eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread mixture. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to thoroughly combine everything until the bread cubes are evenly moistened. The mixture should hold together when squeezed.
- Take a handful of the stuffing mixture and shape it into a ball, about the size of a golf ball. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving some space between the stuffing balls.
- Bake the stuffing balls in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the stuffing balls cool slightly before serving.
These stuffing balls make a delicious side dish for roast chicken or turkey, or they can be enjoyed on their own as a savory snack. Enjoy!