Roasted vegetables are a delicious and healthy dish that can be prepared using a variety of vegetables. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare roasted vegetables:
- Assorted vegetables (such as carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, or oregano, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash and prepare the vegetables: Peel and chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Keep in mind that different vegetables have different cooking times, so it’s best to cut them into uniform sizes.
- Place the chopped vegetables on a large baking sheet. Make sure to leave enough space between the vegetables so they can roast evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Use enough oil to lightly coat all the vegetables, but not so much that they become soggy. Toss the vegetables on the baking sheet to ensure they are evenly coated with oil.
- Season the vegetables: Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if using) over the vegetables. You can also add some dried herbs for extra flavor. Toss the vegetables again to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Roast the vegetables: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown. Stir the vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
- Once the vegetables are roasted to your desired level of doneness, remove them from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy: Transfer the roasted vegetables to a serving dish and serve them hot. They make a great side dish for any meal or can be enjoyed on their own.
Feel free to experiment with different vegetables and seasonings to suit your taste. Roasted vegetables are versatile and can be customized to your liking. Enjoy your delicious and nutritious roasted vegetable dish!