Here’s a recipe for Crescent Cheese Danishes:
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves or pie filling (such as raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the crescent roll dough package.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into individual triangles. Place the triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each crescent triangle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add a spoonful of fruit preserves or pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture. You can make a small well in the cream cheese mixture to hold the filling.
- Fold the edges of the crescent roll dough over the filling, creating a triangular pastry shape. Pinch the edges together to seal the danishes.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 with the remaining crescent roll dough, cream cheese mixture, and filling.
- Bake the danishes in the preheated oven for the time specified on the crescent roll dough package, or until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the danishes from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Once the danishes have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade Crescent Cheese Danishes!
Note: You can get creative with the fillings and toppings. You can use different fruit preserves, add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top, or even drizzle a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk.