Here’s a recipe for Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash:
- 4 medium-sized yellow squash
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Wash the yellow squash thoroughly, then cut off the ends. Slice the squash into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a shallow dish, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip each yellow squash slice into the olive oil, making sure to coat both sides.
- Press each slice into the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture, ensuring both sides are coated evenly. Place the coated slices in the greased baking dish in a single layer.
- Repeat the process until all the yellow squash slices are coated and arranged in the baking dish.
- Bake the yellow squash in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve the Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash as a delicious side dish or snack.
Enjoy your Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash!