Here’s a simple recipe for cherry Danish:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut it into squares or rectangles, depending on the desired size of your pastries.
- Place a spoonful of the cherry pie filling in the center of each pastry square. Top the cherry filling with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold two opposite corners of the pastry square over the filling, forming a triangular shape. Press the edges together to seal the pastry. Repeat this process for the remaining pastries.
- Place the prepared pastries onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them to allow for expansion.
- Brush the pastries with the beaten egg to give them a golden color and a shiny finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until the pastries are puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove the pastries from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Optional: Dust the pastries with powdered sugar before serving for an extra touch of sweetness.
Your simple cherry Danish pastries are now ready to be enjoyed! They can be served warm or at room temperature.