Sure! Here’s a recipe for Pecan Cream Pie:
- 1 pre-made pie crust (9-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the pre-made pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish and press it firmly against the bottom and sides. Trim any excess crust hanging over the edge and crimp the edges using your fingers or a fork.
- Place the pie crust in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Spread the pecan halves evenly on a baking sheet and toast them in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the granulated sugar, flour, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and egg yolks until well combined.
- Gradually pour the milk and egg mixture into the saucepan with the sugar, flour, and salt mixture. Whisk continuously to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a gentle boil. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the unsalted butter and vanilla extract until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator and arrange the toasted pecan halves on the bottom of the crust.
- Pour the hot filling over the pecans in the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and allow it to cool completely for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Once the pie is chilled and set, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Serve the Pecan Cream Pie chilled, topped with whipped cream.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Pecan Cream Pie!