Sure! Here’s a recipe for Potato Rolls with Bacon:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk, melted butter, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast activates and becomes foamy.
- Add the mashed potatoes and salt to the yeast mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, while stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue adding flour until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release any air bubbles. Roll it out into a rectangle shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions evenly over the dough.
- Starting from one of the longer sides, tightly roll the dough into a log shape.
- Using a sharp knife or a piece of dental floss, cut the log into 1-inch thick slices.
- Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each roll. Cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with beaten egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rolls turn golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Serve the Potato Rolls with Bacon warm, and enjoy!
These potato rolls with bacon make a delicious appetizer or side dish. Enjoy your meal!