Here’s a recipe for homemade chicken taquitos:
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12-15 small corn tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, shredded cheese, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds or wrap them in a damp paper towel and heat them in a skillet over medium heat until they are soft and pliable.
- Place a spoonful of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla tightly around the filling and secure it with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the taquitos seam side down in the skillet. Cook them for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy. Repeat the process until all the taquitos are cooked.
- Once the taquitos are cooked, transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Remove the toothpicks.
- Bake the taquitos in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes until they are heated through and the tortillas are crispy.
- Remove the taquitos from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve them with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or shredded lettuce.
Enjoy your homemade chicken taquitos!