Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is a delicious twist on the classic sandwich, featuring tender beef, sautéed onions and peppers, and a creamy cheese sauce. Here’s a recipe to help you prepare it:
- 1.5 pounds thinly sliced beef (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and allow it to heat up.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Sauté them until they become soft and slightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until well blended.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Layer the sautéed onions and peppers on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the cooked beef evenly over the onions and peppers.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the beef, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the shredded provolone, mozzarella, and grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Philly Cheesesteak Casserole while it’s still warm and enjoy!
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings. You can serve it as a main dish with a side salad or steamed vegetables, or you can enjoy it on its own. It’s a comforting and flavorful meal that captures the essence of a classic Philly cheesesteak.