Sure! Here’s a recipe for beef soup:
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Return the beef to the pot and pour in the beef broth and water. Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), bay leaves, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed by adding more salt and pepper.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup before serving.
- Ladle the beef soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade beef soup!