Mexican Casserole is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the flavors of Mexican cuisine into a comforting casserole. Here’s a recipe to help you prepare it:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, avocado
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, cooked rice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the mixture, covering it completely.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the casserole is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Mexican Casserole hot, garnished with your desired toppings such as chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, or avocado.
Enjoy your delicious Mexican Casserole!