Sure! Here’s a recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake:
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a bundt cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Drain the pineapple slices and reserve the juice. Set the pineapple slices aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into the greased bundt pan, spreading it evenly across the bottom.
- Place the pineapple slices on top of the butter and sugar mixture in the pan. You can also add maraschino cherries to the center of each pineapple slice, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the creamed butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple slices in the bundt pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, carefully invert the cake onto a serving platter or plate. Gently lift the pan to reveal the pineapple topping.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. You can serve it as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake!