Sure! Here’s a recipe for a homemade meatloaf:
- 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper**
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, grated carrot, chopped celery, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley, dried thyme, dried oregano, beaten eggs, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased loaf pan and press it down gently to form a loaf shape.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard to make the glaze.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the meatloaf slices with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Enjoy your homemade meatloaf!
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding other ingredients such as diced bell peppers, grated cheese, or herbs of your choice. Feel free to experiment and make it your own.