Sure! Here’s a recipe for Southwestern Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces (225g) rotini or fusilli pasta
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, black olives, and cheddar cheese. Toss gently to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Gently fold in the diced avocado, being careful not to mash it too much.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the pasta salad a final toss and garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your Southwestern Pasta Salad! It’s a refreshing and flavorful dish that’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, or as a side dish for any meal.