Here’s a recipe for Baked Crab Legs in Butter Sauce:
- 2 pounds of crab legs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thaw the crab legs if they are frozen. You can do this by placing them in the refrigerator overnight or running cold water over them for a few minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove the butter sauce from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set the sauce aside.
- Place the crab legs on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Use kitchen shears or a knife to cut a slit along the length of each leg to allow the butter sauce to penetrate.
- Drizzle the butter sauce over the crab legs, making sure to get some inside the slits you made. Reserve a little sauce for serving.
- Bake the crab legs in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size of the crab legs.
- Once cooked, remove the crab legs from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve the crab legs with the remaining butter sauce on the side for dipping.
- Enjoy your delicious Baked Crab Legs in Butter Sauce!
Note: You can also sprinkle some additional fresh parsley over the crab legs before serving for added garnish. Additionally, you can serve the crab legs with melted butter, lemon wedges, and crusty bread on the side.