Sure! Here’s a recipe for Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole:
- 1 package (about 1 lb or 450g) frozen meatballs
- 1 can (24 oz or 680g) pasta sauce
- 2 cups (200g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box (about 12 oz or 340g) rotini or penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In the prepared baking dish, spread about half of the pasta sauce evenly over the bottom.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the dish, spreading it out in an even layer. If using long pasta like spaghetti, you can break it into smaller pieces to fit.
- Pour the water over the pasta, making sure to evenly distribute it.
- Place the frozen meatballs on top of the pasta, arranging them in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the dried Italian seasoning over the meatballs and pasta.
- Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the meatballs, covering them evenly.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and the meatballs are heated through.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Return the dish to the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Optional: Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil before serving.
Enjoy your Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole!