Sure! Here’s a recipe for making the best chocolate chip cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer for this.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can use an ice cream scoop or your hands to portion the dough.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may still appear slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining dough, ensuring the baking sheet is cooled between batches.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies!
Note: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding chopped nuts or using different types of chocolate chips for variations.