Here’s a recipe for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot. Add the chicken broth, water, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Add the frozen peas to the crockpot and stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk and melted butter, and stir until just combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the crockpot, forming dumplings on top of the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Cover the crockpot again and cook on high heat for 1 hour, until the dumplings are cooked through and fluffy.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Ladle the chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings!