Cowboy Cookies are a delicious and hearty dessert that are perfect for sharing with friends and family. Here’s a recipe to prepare them:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts until evenly distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and the centers are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze them for up to 3 months.