Apple Fritter Cake is a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of apples, cinnamon, and sugar in a moist and tender cake. Here’s a recipe to prepare it:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter and granulated sugar until creamy and light in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until everything is well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together the chopped apples and ground cinnamon.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the apple mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter over the apples and spread it evenly.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup of unsalted butter and brown sugar together over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle the melted butter and brown sugar mixture over the cake batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the butter and brown sugar mixture into the top layer of cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious Apple Fritter Cake!