Homemade buttercream frosting is a delicious and versatile frosting that can be used to decorate cakes, cupcakes, and other desserts. Here’s a simple recipe for making homemade buttercream frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is creamy and smooth using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, until the frosting reaches the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thick, add more cream. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Continue beating the frosting on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Use the frosting immediately to decorate your cake or cupcakes. If you’re not using it right away, cover it and store it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to use it, let it come to room temperature before beating it again to make it fluffy.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you’ll have a delicious and creamy homemade buttercream frosting that’s perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!