Here’s a recipe for Wendy’s chili that you can try at home:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (29 oz.) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (29 oz.) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain any excess fat.
- In a large pot, combine the browned beef, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onion, green chili peppers, celery, and chopped tomatoes.
- Add the cumin powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt to the pot, and stir well to combine.
- Pour in the water, and stir again.
- Bring the chili to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour, check the consistency of the chili. If it’s too thick, add a little more water. If it’s too thin, let it simmer uncovered for a few more minutes to thicken.
- Serve hot, garnished with your choice of toppings such as shredded cheese, diced onions, and sour cream.
Enjoy your homemade Wendy’s chili!