Here is a simple recipe for Soupe Potatoes and Chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, add the diced onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot and stir to combine with the onions and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Chop or shred the chicken into small pieces and add it to the pot.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the soup is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can add additional seasonings such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavor if desired.