Sure! Here’s a simple recipe for homemade spaghetti:
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Pour the can of crushed tomatoes into the pan, along with the dried basil and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Bring the tomato sauce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with the tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade spaghetti!