Blackberry cobbler is a classic dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Here’s a recipe to help you make a delicious blackberry cobbler from scratch:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the blackberries and remove any stems or leaves. Spread the blackberries evenly in an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter over the blackberries in the baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake the cobbler for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cobbler cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the blackberry cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious homemade blackberry cobbler!