Vegetable beef soup is a delicious and hearty dish that can be enjoyed year-round. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare it:
- 1 pound stew beef, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are softened.
- Pour in the beef broth, water, and diced tomatoes, and stir well.
- Add the sliced carrots, celery, potato, thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the frozen peas to the pot during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
Enjoy your delicious and hearty vegetable beef soup!