Here is a simple recipe for Vegetable Beef Soup:
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables (corn, green beans, peas)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the beef is tender.
- Add the frozen vegetables and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot with crusty bread or crackers.
Enjoy your delicious and hearty Vegetable Beef Soup!