Sure! Here’s a simple recipe to make spanakopita as an appetizer:
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 sheets of phyllo dough
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, dill, scallions, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a flat surface and brush it with olive oil.
- Add another sheet of phyllo on top of the first one and brush it with olive oil as well.
- Repeat this process until you have 6-8 layers of phyllo dough.
- Cut the layered phyllo dough into squares or triangles.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto each square or triangle.
- Fold the edges of the phyllo dough to make a triangle or square shape, enclosing the spinach mixture inside.
- Brush the top of each spanakopita with olive oil.
- Place the spanakopita on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the phyllo dough is golden brown.
- Serve the spanakopita hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also add other ingredients such as chopped onions, garlic, or parsley to the spinach mixture to enhance the flavor.