Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Here’s a recipe to prepare it:
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 graham crackers
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are soft and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover the bottom with a layer of graham crackers, breaking them into smaller pieces if necessary to fit.
- Spoon a layer of the strawberry mixture over the graham crackers, spreading it evenly.
- Add another layer of graham crackers, followed by a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Continue layering in this order until all the ingredients are used up, ending with a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, top the cake with the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Slice and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Note: You can also garnish the cake with additional whipped cream or chopped nuts, if desired.