- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
For the Meringue:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the graham cracker pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the sugar, beating continuously, until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the lemon filling, making sure to cover the edges of the crust completely.
- Bake the pie for 20-25 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve your delicious Magic Lemon Pie!