Here’s a recipe for creamy lemon squares:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, powdered sugar, and salt until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the egg mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust, and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the lemon squares to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Serve the creamy lemon squares chilled, dusted with powdered sugar or topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy your creamy lemon squares!