Chinese pepper steak is a popular Chinese dish that is easy to prepare at home. Here’s a recipe that you can follow:
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Set aside.
- Season the sliced steak with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add the sliced steak and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Add the cooked steak back into the pan and pour in the sauce mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the steak and vegetables are coated.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with cooked white rice.
Enjoy your homemade Chinese pepper steak!