Carrot cake is a delicious and healthy dessert that can be enjoyed at any time. Here’s a simple recipe for you to prepare carrot cakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4-5 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the oil and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan, or into muffin tins lined with paper liners.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. If making cupcakes, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before frosting with your favorite cream cheese frosting or just dusting some powdered sugar on top.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy carrot cake!