Here is a recipe for Big Boy Fresh Strawberry Pie:
- 1 pre-made 9 inch pie crust
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut them in half or slice them into smaller pieces if desired.
- Arrange the strawberries in the pie crust, filling it completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook the sugar mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes clear. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and pour it over the strawberries in the pie crust.
- Use a spatula or spoon to gently spread the sugar mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the pie has cooled, refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to allow the filling to set.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Enjoy your Big Boy Fresh Strawberry Pie!