Brioche donuts are a delicious and decadent treat that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Here’s a recipe to help you make your own brioche donuts:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it reaches about 100-110°F. Add the sugar and yeast and stir to combine. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, until it becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture, eggs, butter, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Mix everything together with a dough hook attachment until the dough becomes smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thickness. Use a donut cutter or a round cookie cutter to cut out donut shapes, then place them on a floured baking sheet.
- Cover the donuts with a clean towel and let them rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 350°F. Carefully add the donuts to the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry them for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the donuts from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Dust the warm donuts with powdered sugar and serve them immediately.
Enjoy your homemade brioche donuts!