Smothered ground beef is a delicious and filling dish that can be made with a few simple ingredients. Here’s a recipe to help you prepare it:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the ground beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Add the salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture and stir until the flour is well-coated and has turned a golden-brown color.
- Slowly pour in the beef broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Stir in the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve the smothered ground beef hot over rice, pasta, or with your favorite side dish.
Enjoy your delicious Smothered Ground Beef!