Shepherd’s Pie Baked Potato is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a cold winter evening. Here’s a recipe to prepare it:
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash the potatoes and prick them with a fork a few times. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour or until they are tender.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until it is browned and crumbled.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, frozen vegetables, and beef broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir well. Let the mixture cook for another 2-3 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove the baked potatoes from the oven and let them cool slightly. Cut off the top of each potato and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato around the edge.
- Fill each potato with the beef and vegetable mixture, then top each potato with shredded cheese.
- Return the stuffed potatoes to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Shepherd’s Pie Baked Potato!