Fried cabbage with bacon, onion, and garlic is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that’s perfect for any meal. Here’s a simple recipe to follow:
- 1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4-6 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil or butter, for cooking
- Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and set it aside on a plate, leaving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and cook until it becomes translucent, stirring occasionally. Then add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the thinly sliced cabbage to the skillet, along with a drizzle of olive oil or a small pat of butter. Toss the cabbage with the bacon grease and onion mixture until it’s coated in the fat.
- Season the cabbage with salt and pepper to taste, then cover the skillet with a lid or some foil. Let the cabbage cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid and add the crispy bacon back into the skillet. Toss everything together and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and caramelized to your liking.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have bacon, you can substitute it with another type of protein, such as diced ham or sausage. Additionally, feel free to adjust the seasonings and cooking time to your personal preference