Here’s a recipe for a Chocolate Cake Swiss Roll:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 1 cup whipped cream (for filling)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on high speed for about 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, folding in gently with a spatula until everything is well combined.
- Add the vegetable oil and hot water to the batter and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over a clean kitchen towel.
- Invert the cake onto the towel and remove the pan. Roll the cake and towel together starting at the short end.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, rolled up in the towel.
- Once the cake has cooled, gently unroll it and spread whipped cream over the top, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Roll the cake back up again, starting at the same end as before, using the towel to help you.
- Place the rolled cake seam-side down on a serving platter, and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.
Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Cake Swiss Roll!