Prime rib is a delicious and flavorful cut of beef that can be a centerpiece of any special meal. Here’s a recipe for preparing the perfect prime rib:
- 1 prime rib roast (4-5 pounds)
- Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of beef broth
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Remove the prime rib roast from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. This will ensure even cooking throughout the roast.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Season the prime rib with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, making sure to coat the entire roast.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the prime rib on all sides until a golden crust forms.
- Pour the beef broth into the skillet and add fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook the prime rib at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue cooking the prime rib for another 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare, or 140°F for medium.
- Remove the prime rib from the oven and tent it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Carve the prime rib and serve it with your favorite sides.
Enjoy your perfectly cooked prime rib!