Certainly! Here’s a recipe for a classic Italian pasta salad:
- 1 pound of pasta (penne, fusilli or rotini work well)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente, then drain and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, black olives, red onion, and fresh basil.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad, and toss everything together until well coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, give the pasta salad a final toss to redistribute the dressing, then garnish with a few extra fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your delicious Classic Italian Pasta Salad!